Sunday 22 May 2011

It's the 22nd and the planet is still........

If you haven't heard [or read] the world ended yesterday ....my worry with that sort of thing is ...maybe it did. But then I've experienced it before [but that's another story].

Still, I feel the need to do something .. not much, but something to mark such a non [sorry] momentous event ... at least a volcano did explode [just in the wrong country].  Personally, I'm more concerned by the continuous deforestation especially in Brazil. But back to my little bubble, so here are a few of the sketches I did  for fans who visited me at the Le Grimoire table, while in Mons at the Troll and Legend festival, along with a few photographs I took at the time. First the photographs.
didn't manage to capture what I wanted .. the glasses which were most interesting


Everybody wanted ears ...very fetching too, but on me I'd look like a Troll

Just about to leave and we had a lovely send off!


I was asked to draw the 'Wizard' and of course it had to be from memory.... Excuse the quality but they were all drawn without preliminary pencils, though I may have added a couple of little 'tweaks' since [grin].





 
This last, the Githyanki, was for a new friend we met there, and also drawn from memory, but is it ....? What if .... naw, it doesn't bear thinking about. What does bear thinking about is that I've more sketches that can be posted, but only if I have requests [but that can be reversed too ... lol].

Till the next time....


4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're still with us Russ. I thought an artist of your calibre would have been a dead cert to leave behind a set of empty clothes yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, my wife would kill me [she's warned me about that sort of thing]... appreciate the praise Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russ, that Gith drawing is fantastic.

    Also, I spotted your Zombie from the Warlock of Firetop Mountain on a Heavy Metal fanzine.see here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Russ, amazing stuff. It's difficult to express how influential your Firetop Mountain illustrations were on my young mind back in the 80s. For me, line art will always be more immersive and narrative than the all-colour works now found in D&D books, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.